The Importance of Business Cards in the Digital Age
In today’s digital age, where most interactions happen online, it might seem like business cards are no longer relevant. However, business cards still play an important role in professional networking and marketing.
What is a business card?
A business card is a small, typically credit card-sized, card that contains a person’s contact information, such as their name, title, company, email address, phone number, and website. Business cards are often exchanged at networking events, conferences, and other business meetings.
Why are business cards still important?
There are several reasons why business cards are still important in the digital age:
- They make a personal connection. In a world of digital communication, a business card is a tangible reminder of a face-to-face interaction. It shows that you are serious about making a connection with the other person.
- They are a great way to promote your brand. Your business card is a mini-marketing tool. It should be designed to reflect your brand identity and make a positive impression on potential customers.
- They are easy to share. Unlike digital contact information, business cards can be easily shared with others, even if they don’t have a smartphone or computer.
- They are a leave-behind. Business cards can be left behind at networking events, conferences, and other business meetings. This is a great way to make sure that potential customers have your contact information, even if they don’t have your business card in hand.
How to design and use business cards effectively
When designing your business card, it is important to keep the following in mind:
- Use high-quality paper and printing. Your business card is a reflection of your brand, so make sure it is made with high-quality materials.
- Keep your design simple and clean. Do not clutter your business card with too much information.
- Make sure your contact information is easy to read. Use a clear font and a large enough font size.
- Include your company logo and website. This is a great way to promote your brand.
- Print your business cards in a variety of colours. This will help you to stand out from the crowd.
When using your business cards, be sure to:
- Hand them out at networking events, conferences, and other business meetings.
- Leave them behind at restaurants, coffee shops, and other places where people congregate.
- Include them in your marketing materials.
- Follow up with people after meeting them.
By following these tips, you can use business cards effectively to promote your brand and make new connections.
Additional tips for using business cards effectively:
- Always have a supply of business cards on hand.
- Hand out your business card with a smile and a handshake.
- Make sure your business card is up-to-date.
- Use your business card as a conversation starter.
- Follow up with people after you meet them.
By following these tips, you can make sure that your business cards are making a positive impression on potential customers.
INSPIRATION, TIPS & ADVICE
Today is the big day. After months of blood,...
Challenge: Business growth by acquiring more...
There is no doubt that we are living in a...
Download our FREE New Normal Workplace Guide...
A national climate emergency has been declared...
Offset Lithograph Digital Printing Large Format...
FAQ’s – Business Cards
How soon can I get my Business Cards delivered?
What Business Cards sizes do you offer?
The standard size is 85mm x 55mm (the same size as a credit card) which will fit in wallets but we can produce them in any size you like.
Can my Business Cards be in an unusual shape?
We can cut your card into any shape you like, popular choices are round corners on one or more corners, trapezoids, triangles, etc.
What is the difference between uncoated, gloss, and satin Business Cards?
- Uncoated cards are shine-free, and you can even write on them.
- Gloss cards accentuate colour and give depth, making images more vibrant with a dramatically shiny finish
- Satin cards also accentuate colour and give depth, making images more vibrant but with a less glossy finish
What different finishes on Business Cards do you offer?
The most popular additional finish to our business cards is lamination which makes them more durable and appealing. There are three types of lamination that we offer:
- Gloss – makes your cards even shinier
- Matt – adds a layer of protection with a matt finish
- Soft Touch – adds a matt finish with a great velvet feel that makes you want to run your fingers over them all-day
What should I put on my Business Card?
These are the thing you should consider putting on your card:
- Logo – if you don’t have one we can design one for you
- Company name
- Your name & title
- Contact details
- Your address — online or physical
- Social media handles
- A QR code